Saturday, September 13, 2014

Vancouver, Day 8: Punjabi Market, Catching Up with Old Friends, and More

After the usual breakfast at Float On, I decided that today would be the day I would go to the Indian buffet, New Novelty.  I was really excited.  What would I get?  Chana masala?  Palak paneer?  Butter chicken?  All of the above?

Finally, I arrived at New Novelty.  I walked in, and asked if they were dong the lunch buffet.  The person at the counter then told me that the buffet was only open from 11 AM to 3:30 PM.  It was 9:30 AM.

No Indian buffet for you!


Then, I got an idea.  There was a Punjabi market over on Main Street.  So I went there instead.  I got taro, Thai chiles, Bombay Tadka sauce, chickpeas, potatoes, and onions.

I went home for a bit, then met Alex near the Waterfront.  We walked over to Maria's work, and met her there.  We also met a friend of mine who also lived in Vancouver, Jeff.

After we had all convened, we went to Japadog, a food truck on Burrard Street.  They sell Japanese fusion hot dogs (think hot dogs, but with Japanese ingredients used as condiments).  I had the Negimiso, a pork hot dog topped with cabbage, seaweed, and some other sauce I can't remember.  It was delicious.

Afterward, we walked to English Bay, then turned back and went home for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment