Thursday, September 11, 2014

Vancouver, Day 6: Filipino Food (but not too much else)

My sixth day in Vancouver was relatively uneventful. I went to Float On in the morning, then just worked on my travel plans for a while.  After a bit, I got hungry.  There was a Filipino restaurant a block away, so I went there.

I walked in, and noticed that all the menus were in Tagalog.  I didn't even recognize any of the dishes.  Both of these are good; it probably means it's authentic and does not go out of its way to cater to tourists.  I love places like that.

I got a bitter melon, tomato, and egg scramble and a chicken thigh stew with carrot, onions, and red bell peppers in a tomato-pepper broth.  It came with rice.  For dessert, I had a deep-fried and battered banana covered in maple syrup.  All of this cost $9, not a bad deal at all.

I was going to go to an Indian buffet in Little India, but decided to make something at the house instead. I made a grilled cheese, mushroom, and olive sandwich.

Once Alex and Maria got home, we watched some television and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment