Monday, September 15, 2014

Vancouver, Day 11: Chinese Food, IKEA (again), and More

Today, breakfast was a large bowl of macaroni and cheese.  Forget the stereotype about Kraft dinner, this was the real stuff.  It had three cheeses, and was sizzling when they brought it out.  That's always a good sign.

For lunch, I went to a Chinese restaurant across the street.  I had heard there was a lunch special for $7, so I decided to check it out.

When I sat down, the waitress gave me the menu.  It didn't have a lunch special.  When I asked, she seemed annoyed.  She then gave me another menu with the lunch special on it.  It seemed that because I seemed like a tourist, they gave me a version which had the pricier items and not the good deals.  I guess some people don't get that not all travelers are rich.

I ordered the sweet and sour sliced fish, which came with chow mein and a cup of hot and sour soup.  The fish and the soup were very good, but the chow mein was greasy and a bit bland.

Not much happened from the Chinese restaurant until dinner.  Dinner was at IKEA again, but this time we also went downstairs and got a lingonberry sundae.  It was $1.50, a really good deal for something with lingonberries in it.  They tasted like something in between a pomegranate seed and a cranberry.

It was late when we got home, so we went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment