Thursday, December 11, 2014

San Diego to Redding: Pacific Surfliner, Coast Starlight, and More

I had set my alarm for 2:30 AM.  I had headphones on for the alarm so it wouldn't disturb the other people in the dorm.  I groggily turned it off.  I must have fallen back asleep, because the next time I checked, it was 4:00.  I had booked the cab for 4:30.

Somehow, I made it in time for the cab.  He dropped me off at Old Town Station, where I was to catch the Pacific Surfliner to Los Angeles.

The Pacific Surfliner was mostly uneventful (I was sleeping most of the way).  We got off at Union Station in Los Angeles, which definitely was the most chaotic station I've been to.  After a bit, I gratefully got on the Coast Starlight.






The ride north through the Central Coast was the one of the most beautiful routes I've been on.  It got dark after we left San Jose, so I couldn't see anything after that.  We were right on time as we pulled into Redding.  I stepped off and headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment