Wednesday, December 10, 2014

San Diego, Day 1, Part 2: Point Loma Hostel, Carne Asada Fries, and More

I checked in to the hostel as I arrived.  As soon as that was done, I got on my laptop and researched areas to be in San Diego.  I wish I hadn't, traveling is much more enjoyable when you don't know where you're going.

I picked the area around me that seemed to have less of a hipster-tourist vibe: Ocean Beach.  I decided to go there the next day, but I had to take care of something first.

Carne asada fries are like nachos, but with fries instead of chips.  It was also invented in San Diego.  Being a food geographer, I couldn't go the rest of the day without sampling some.  There was a taqueria a block from the hostel, so I went there.

My carne asada fries.


After trying it, I headed off to a well-deserved sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment