Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Stockton, Day 1, Part 2: The Train Panini, The Nicest Denny's Ever, and More

Immediately after boarding the train to Stockton, I worked my way over to the Cafe Car.  This was different from other dining cars I've been to.  Basically, it's a way better version of the snack car in the Coast Starlight.  I had the Three-Cheese Sundried Tomato Panini, which, although microwaved, was decent.

The train worked its way east along the Sacramento Delta.  After a while, it got to Stockton.

Before I left, my godmother had contacted someone she knew in Stockton to show me around.  I met her at the train station.  We went to lunch at a Mexican restaurant, and had dinner at an Indian restaurant.

At around 7 PM, we left for the bus station.  The bus left for Pleasanton at around 8:05, and got there around 9:25 PM.

Once there, I started on finding a place that was open late that I could stay at to wait for the rideshare to San Diego at 3 AM.  Denny's fit the bill, as their locations are always open 24 hours.

Usually Denny's employees are not very happy to be there, and it shows.  I don't blame them one bit; it's a job that has little room for advancement, the customers treat you like dung a lot of the time, and you don't get paid very much at all.

This Denny's was different.  Maybe it was because I was nice to them (again, a lot of people aren't), but they were welcoming and pleasant to talk to.  They didn't even get upset in the slightest when I notified them that I was going to be there until 3 AM!

Sure enough, when 3 AM rolled around, the people in the rideshare drove up.  I packed my stuff in, and we headed to San Diego.

No comments:

Post a Comment