Wednesday, December 10, 2014

San Diego, Day 1, Part 1: Night Driving, Windy In the Grapevine, and More

I packed my backpack and briefcase in the back, and got in the car.  We introduced ourselves as we drove to the highway.  Victoria, the driver, was a horse trainer in the Bay Area.  Corey was from England, and was going to be an intern for the White House.  Both of them were very nice, and gave me an excellent first impression of ridesharing.  In fact, I believe that it is now my favorite mode of transportation.

As we drove on I-680 at night, we listened to some music.  I introduced Victoria and Corey to Blitzen Trapper, and they introduced me to the fact that not all Taylor Swift songs are terrible.

We turned south on I-5 after a while.  By then, it was beginning to get light outside.  As we got into Lebec, we stopped in Starbucks for breakfast.  I had the oatmeal.

Right after Lebec, we passed into the stretch of I-5 known as the Grapevine.  It has a long-standing reputation for speeding cars and wrecks.  It was also extremely windy.  Luckily, Victoria was a very good driver, and we made it through just fine.

We dropped Corey off a bit before San Diego.  I got off at the Point Loma Hostel in San Diego.  I said goodbye to Victoria, and walked in.

No comments:

Post a Comment