Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Topic: Thanksgiving (Part 1)

Edited 12/30/2013

Thanksgiving (we're talking about the U.S. version, although Canada has one too) is a tradition celebrated differently depending on who you are talking about.  But it all has one common theme: a gratuitously large amount of food.  Often, it looks something like this:


A common symbol of Thanksgiving, the cornucopia.

But it doesn't have to be.  For example, my mom eats less food, so when I spend Thanksgiving at her house, we have about 3-4 dishes maximum.  Usually, there is turkey in a Thanksgiving dinner.  But we have a family recipe for Cornish game hen with wild rice that works just fine in its place.  We also usually have green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, and strawberry nut salad for dessert.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and also my dad's birthday, so I'm spending Thankgiving with him.  Today, I will be having Thanksgiving dinner a day early with my mom.  I'll post photos of what we made later tonight.  Tomorrow, I will describe Thanksgiving with my dad and post photos of that dinner.  The next day, I'll be talking about the geography of each dish I prepared.

Check back later for some photos of my Thanksgiving dinner!


No comments:

Post a Comment